Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Preschool Theme

Happy Halloween!
Today we are all about Halloween with our preschool activities.  A fun movie to watch is "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown".  My kids never seem to get tired of that movie and it is a favorite of mine from my own childhood.

Silly Symphony's Skeleton Dance is also a fun, short clip to watch with your kids.

There are a lot of great packets for Halloween.  Here are some of my favorites.  H is for Halloween from Oopsey Daisy is jammed pack with activities.  Some of my favorites are pictured below.  There is a short story with visuals and activity cards.
2 Teaching Mommies has a cute Halloween Printable Pack and also an extension pack to check out including these tracing pages.
Over the Big Moon has my favorite Printable Pre-K pack full of fun and cute activities for your preschooler.
Also, be sure to check out DTKL's Halloween printable activities

Today we also made a little witch.  My son has been enjoying painting paper plates so together we came up with a little witch.  He painted the plate green and we did some other activities while it dried.  Then I help him cut out a hat, a nose, and hair.  He picked the colors for each of these.  Then we glued them all on along with some googly eyes and he told me how to draw her mouth.  Then he colored her hat with a white crayon a little.  It was a lot of fun.  Here is "witch face" apparently...
We are also going to go through some of our favorite activities that we have already done this year.  You can check out our different themes in the links below.

I hope you all have a safe and fun Halloween! 

No comments: