Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Farm Animal Silhouette Matching Game

We are going to be doing a Farmer's theme tomorrow.  I've got lots of fun things planned.  One thing that we are going to do is a matching game with animals and silhouettes.  I thought I would explain briefly how I made mine.
I used my Cricut Machine and the Animal Kingdom Cartridge.  The same thing can be accomplished with clip art or any other animal cut outs you can find or make.

First I made silhouettes of each of the animals I decided to use.  Since the theme is about Farmers I used farm animals including a cow, rooster, duck, lamb, horse, goat, chicken, and pig.  Then I pasted them onto white card stock and laminated the pages.  You could also use a file folder and make it into a file folder game if you wanted.
 Then I made the regular versions of each animal and laminated then.  Laminating is optional, but it will help your materials last longer.
 Now your child can match each animal up with the corresponding silhouette.  Easy, easy!  My boys love matching games so I really hope they enjoy this one.
Check out our Farmers Theme for more farm ideas.

abc button

3 comments:

Christianne @ Little Page Turners said...

Very cute! (Although all of us without Cricuts are trying very hard not to be jealous! ;)

Kara said...

What a great idea! Adorable!

Jackie Higgins said...

If mine turned out that cute, I would definitely laminate it! I love those.