Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Farmers


I had a lot of stuff planned for today.  Months and months could be spent doing a farm theme and I packed our Farmers theme into one day, but I plan to do farm animals individually with time.  We did have a great time talking about Farmers.  I hope this day is enjoyable to look through.

Gathering Time:


Use Farming Puppets to explain what farmers do, the machines they can use, and animals on the farm.

Read “Click Clack Moo Cows that Type” by Doreen Cronin

Read “Cock-a-doodle-doo Barnyard Hullabaloo” by Giles Andreae and David Wojtowycz

Sing “If I Were a Farmer”

Sing “Old McDonald had a farm”- I used the visuals I already had, but check out this super cute idea from Oopsey Daisy for her Old McDonald visuals.

Johnny’s Barn- online story

Sing “Old McDonald”

Watch “Baby Einstein: Baby MacDonald- A Day on the Farm

Focus Activities:

Animal Silhouette Matching Game







Other Possibilities:

Farmer Puppet (with toilet paper roll)


Farmer and other animals (rainbow shapes)

Bill Grogan’s Goat

Play with Little People Animal Sounds Farm
Fisher-Price Little People Animal Sounds Farm

RESOURCES:

www.preschooleducation.com

http://www.123child.com/

www.first-school.ws

www.deere.com

http://www.dltk-teach.com

www.preschoolexpress.com

www.makinglearningfun.com

1 comment:

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Heather, thank you SO much for linking me, and for your sweet comments. I absolutely idolize all the fun activities you do, and I actually review them all the time as I come up with my Mommy School weeks. I am hoping to do a farm week in a month or so, so I will be coming back to borrow some ideas! Thanks SO much!

~Alison