Thursday, October 24, 2013

Letter S/Spider Preschool Theme

Today we talked about the letter S for spiders!
Confessions of a Homeschooler has a great printable pack for the Letter S with Snow.  I plan to use that when it is snowy so instead we did a spider theme to go along with our letter S.


2 Teaching Mommies has a great printable pack that is based around spiders and the letter S.
They also included a life cycle puzzle that we used to talk about the life of a spider.
A favorite activity from this pack is whacking the spider!  Each spider has a letter from the alphabet and you call out a letter for your child to find and let them whack the spider with a fly swatter.

We talked about how spiders have 8 legs and my son helped me give this spider some legs.
We sand "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" using these visuals.
Here is a little poem and printable about 4 little spiders.
"The Very Busy Spider" by Eric Carle is a favorite spider book at our house. Here is also a video you could watch if you do not own the book.
We played this matching game that I made a few years ago.
We made this hand print spider.
Since we are talking about the letter S we decided to make an S and give him 8 legs like a spider.  My son calls it his S Spider creature.

When my oldest turned six he wanted a spider theme birthday party.  You can check it out here

I have done a spider theme for several years with my older boys.  You can check out 2010, 2011, and 2012.

No comments: