Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Letter P/Pumpkins Part 1

 Today we talked about the letter P and what better thing to talk about that starts with the letter P this time of year than pumpkins!
Five Little Pumpkins rhyme for the flannel board is always a favorite.
Of course, we used Confessions of a Homeschooler's letter p for pumpkin activities.
2 Teaching Mommies has a fun pumpkin printable pack.
This Halloween Tot-Kit has some fun pumpkin activities.
Check out 1+1+1=1's two different pumpkin tot-packs that are full of great activities.

Here is a pumpkin poem:
This pumpkin is happy
This pumpkin is sad
This pumpkin is tired
This pumpkin is mad
Cut them up in pieces small
In pumpkin pie they are best of all
Sadly, I don't have a resource for these because I have had it for so long, but I imagine it'd be easy to come up with your own visuals for the poem.
We also talked about the life cycle of a pumpkin and did this little pumpkin craft that reinforces the steps a pumpkin goes through as it goes from seed to pumpkin ready to be picked. I found the link with printables here.
Here is a close up of it.
My son wanted to paint (of course) and I had this coloring page in my stash so I don't have a resource for it, but it is easy to search lots of pumpkin coloring pages.
Check out what we have done with pumpkins in previous years in 2012, 2011, 2010.

This is just part one of our pumpkin theme.  My older boys are out of school for the rest of the week so I plan on involving them in the rest of our activities.

Check out Letter P/Pumpkins Part 2 here.
Check out Letter P/Pumpkins Part 3 here.

No comments: