Friday, October 19, 2012

Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins

We have spent the last three days doing pumpkin activities!  We've also had my first grader home yesterday and today and he wanted to do activities with us as well.  There is so much fun pumpkin things out there!

There are two great pumpkin printable packs here full of great activities including this one here where your child cuts out a shape with a jack-o-latern and glues it to the matching shape.
 This is a great free activity that goes along with the Five Little Pumpkins poem. We also did the flannel board story with it.
 My son cut out the different pumpkins and glued them in the order that they belong in the story.
My son also had fun coloring this pumpkin coloring page.

We also did activities from this Pumpkin Printable Pack.
As well as this Halloween Tot Pack.
And activities from P is for Pumpkin Pack.
You can check out our pumpkin activities from previous years as well.  2011, 2010, 2009

Yesterday we went to a pumpkin patch and picked out pumpkins.  We had a great time!
 My preschooler found his pumpkin!
 I also encourage the kids to paint their pumpkins since carving them is too difficult for them to do alone.  They had a great time.  There was a little fight over who had to wear the pink apron.  Guess I need another boyish apron in the house.
Today we did cut one of the pumpkins open to see inside.  I don't know why, but none of my boys actually like sticking their hands in the pumpkin to pull the seeds out.  In the words of my two year old, "That's yucky."  My first grader kind of braved it, but I did most of the work.
 We did a few activities with the pumpkin seeds.  They had to match the right number of seeds with the number written on the pumpkin here.  Then we counted our pumpkin seeds.  We grouped them by 10's and counting 308 seeds!
 My two year old just loved playing with the seeds.  It's a great sensory activity!
There is our last three days worth of activities in a nut shell.  It's been fun!

No comments: