Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Owl Preschool Theme

Today we talked about owls for preschool!  I find this a fun theme to do in the Fall.
 I find this Owl Tot-Pack so cute and it is filled with great activities as well.
Here is one of the activities, matching the shape in the tree with the bird that has the same shape on it's stomach.
 I decided to see how my son did with a simple word search for something different.  It went well.  He found it challenging, but not so difficult that he gave up.  You can print it off for free here.
 We had fun counting to 100 by 10's with these cute owls.
My son is not big into coloring, but he does enjoy making puppets.  I think he really likes playing with them once they are made.  He glued on pieces to a paper bag to make a cute owl and colored a little bit on it.
 The paper bag owl was inspired by this idea.
We also enjoyed some videos about owls.  Here is a video with a song called Ten Little Owls.  This video called Lovely Owls shows different species of owls.

You can check out our 2013 post about Owls and my 2012 post with my middle son.

Totally Tots has a collection of fun owl ideas with the letter O.

If you are looking for more owl craft ideas check out the links below.
This site has a few owl crafts

No comments: