Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Spider Preschool Theme

Today we talked about spiders!
A Teaching Mommy has a fun spider printable pack that includes activities like this life cycle puzzle.
This pack also has a fun game where you "swat the spider" when a letter is named.  Always a hit in our house. 
 This is our spider that we put together when talking about how many legs a spider has.
 Of course, you have to sing "Itsy, Bitsy Spider" and do the actions.  These are also fun visuals to use with the song.
 This is a fun, free printable with a little poem to go with it.
 This is a little spider matching game I made a while ago.
 I have a hard time getting my son to do arts and crafts sometimes so today I just encouraged him to draw a picture of a spider.  I think it turned out pretty cute.
We don't own "The Very Busy Spider" by Eric Carle, but I found this video for my son to watch where a child reads the book.

Posts about spiders in the past can be found in the links below.

No comments: