Wednesday, January 8, 2014

The Mitten Preschool Theme


Today we read "The Mitten" by Jan Brett.  It is a favorite Winter-time book to read at our house.


My favorite thing to do is to have a white mitten printed out with all the animals and as I read the book I have my son put the animals inside the mitten one by one. You can find this printable as well as many other on Jan Brett's website.
Here are a few other things from her website.
My son had fun doing a mitten lacing card that I made a few years ago.
Homeschool Creations has an entire printable pack devoted to this book like this tracing page shown below.
Preschool Printables has this fun mitten color matching file folder game.
Homeschool Share has a lapbook that goes with this book.  I didn't make a lapbook, but this activity is including in the printables.
If you are looking for more inspiration for this book you can check out what we did in 2012, 2011, and 2010.  You can also see 1+1=1 for some story props and activities. Teaching Heart also has quite the collection of Mitten ideas.

No comments: