Thursday, December 19, 2013

Nativity Preschool Activities

Today we talked about we had a Nativity Preschool theme.  My son wanted me to write Baby Jesus instead of Nativity on the picture here.  :) 
There are tons of activities and ideas out there for this theme as it should be since Christmas is all about the birth of Jesus Christ.  We love our Little People Nativity Set.  It is set up on top of our computer desk, but we got it down and played with it.  My son likes to hide and find things so we did that with baby Jesus.  Check out this fun Nativity Scavenger Hunt using the Little People set.
There are tons of preschool printables out there about the Nativity, Jesus, Angels, and so forth.  I love having lots of options and usually use a few things from lots of sources.  I will put up some links to some favorites.

Prepared Not Scared has a fun Memory Game.  Here is a cute printable UNO game.
We have used this play in the passed.  I think we will do a little bit different one using these stick puppets on Christmas Eve to help tell the story of Christ's birth.
Here are some links to coloring pages.

Check out this link to the Ultimate List of Nativty Resources.
Here is what we did in 2010 and 2011.

We also enjoyed watching some Christmas Videos like the ones found here. We also love The Piano Guys "O Come, Emmanuel" video.

We also sang some favorite Christmas songs out of the Children's Songbook.

The last thing we did was make a baby Jesus Christmas Ornament to hang on the tree.  My son had a great time cutting pieces of yellow paper to use as the straw in the manager.
Then he hung it on our tree.
I may post tomorrow and I may not.  I have a lot going on in the next week and a half so we will see.  If I don't I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

No comments: