Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Trees

We did a ton of Christmas tree activities today.  First off, we sang "O Christmas Tree".  My son loves this song and this link has the lyrics with it.
Confessions of a Homeschooler has a Christmas Printable pack with lots of Christmas tree activities including this one where your child counts the number of ornaments and puts the star that has that number on top of the tree.
 Living Life Intentionally has a cute Merry Christmas Pack that we have used several activities from.
 Little Piles Everywhere has this really cute Christmas Tree matching game.
 Making Learning Fun has this fun geometric tree.
 We always enjoy doing felt Christmas Trees.  My 2 year old especially had a good time playing with this.  Serving Pink Lemonade has a cute, free pattern.
 I made these lacing cards a few years ago and they are still serving me well.  I used cereal boxes and scrapbook paper.  Then I laminated them and punch holes and put brackets in them.  I use yarn for the lacing part.
 2 Teaching Mommies have a fun Christmas Tree pack too.
 I also made these triangle trees a few years ago.  Again with cereal boxes and scrapbook paper.  I originally found the idea here.
 1+1=1 has some cute Christmas Trees in her Christmas Coloring Page pack that we did.  I think there were three different ones that we used.
 I also found this cute Christmas Tree ornament.  Sadly, I don't have a picture of the finished product yet because they glitter glue is still drying.  I will try to update with one tomorrow.  You can see a finished one here where I found the idea.
 I also found several fun Christmas tree activities at teacherspayteachers.com.  Including a Christmas Tree Mathematics pack for kindergarteners and preschoolers.
 There is also this Christmas Tree Shape printable.
 And then there is a Christmas Tree color matching printable.
Whew.  There are a lot of Christmas Tree ideas out there and we only skimmed the surface.  You can check out what we've done previous years as well.  Christmas Trees 2011, Christmas Ornaments 2011, Christmas Trees 2010, Christmas Ornaments 2010,  Christmas Trees 2009

No comments: