Monday, March 14, 2011

"On The Go" First Birthday Party

For my little guy's first birthday last week I decided to do an "On the Go" theme featuring trucks, planes, boats, and trains.  I thought it worked well with a first birthday since they are getting to be quite mobile and always are on the go around that age.
Here is the table with all the little goodies.  I put a picture of him the day he was born up to by the cups.  They grow so quickly.  Sniff, sniff...
Here is a close up of the decorations I put on the wall using my Cricut Machine. (love that thing!)
My oldest loves party hats so I made these hats for them to wear.  You can read my post about them here.
I decided to do something I hadn't done before and make cupcakes instead of a cake.  I used my Cricut Machine to make these as well.  It was a lot of fun.  The transportation was all from the New Arrival Cartridge.

Here are my boys in the airplane shirts I made for them.  You can find out more about these shirts here. Oh, and of course they are sporting their party hats.
I also did this little subway art and framed it and put it on the table.  It was a lot of fun to do as well.
Here is a my sweet birthday boy!  I love him so much.  We had a great first birthday celebration!


Tip Junkie handmade projectsabc button


2 comments:

Valerie said...

Cute party for your cute little guy!!! I love the frosting on the cupcakes. So perfect.

Morgan Hagey said...

Oh how cute! I love the "on the go" theme. And three boys! I can relate. :)