Friday, November 22, 2013

Thanksgiving Preschool Activities

I am going to be spreading out our Thanksgiving activities over a couple of days.  There are so many great printable packs and activities for kids out there based on this theme.  I don't use everything from every pack, but I generally use a few things from many so I thought I would share some links to some of my favorite activities that are available for free.
  1. Homeschool Creation's Thanksgiving Printable Pack
  2. Over The Big Moon's Thanksgiving PreK Printable Pack
  3. Lawteedah's Thanksgiving Tot Kits
  4. Our Little Monkeys' Thanksgiving Tot Pack
  5. 2 Teaching Mommie's Thanksgiving Unit
  6. Confession's of a Homeschooler's Thanksgiving Preschool Printables
  7. 1+1=1 Thanksgiving Preschool Pack
  8. 3 Dinosaurs Thanksgiving Pack
  9. Little Monkeys' Thanksgiving Preschool Pack Printables
There are also other activities out there that stand alone or in their own little packs.  I enjoyed the story pictured above because it is about the right length and level for my 3 year old and he could color it.
We also enjoy this Harvest Pattern Activity.
 I made this Thanksgiving Matching game several years ago and we continue to use it and enjoy it.

Here is a list of links to various Thanksgiving Activities including the ones pictured above.

  1.  The Story of Thanksgiving
  2. Thanksgiving File Folder Games (including the one pictured above)
  3. November Roll and Color Printables
  4. Thanksgiving Color By Number
  5. Thanksgiving Activities at Super Mom
  6. Five Fat Turkeys
  7. Thanksgiving for Kids 25+Activities
  8. 20 Things to Do With Your Kid before Thanksgiving is over
  9. Thanksgiving Finger play
  10. I Am Thankful Writing 
  11. Thanksgiving Coloring Pages

We also made a pilgrim hat which I found the patter (there is a smaller one too) here.  I realized that this hat was going to be huge for my son, but when it was finished he loved it and didn't want to make a smaller one. I think he looks more like a gnome than a pilgrim, but hey, that's just me.  

If you want Turkey themed activities you can check out my Turkey Preschool Theme post from the other day. You can also check out our "Charlie Brown Thanksgiving"

I will not be blogging next week, but we will be back with Christmas themed preschool ideas in December!

No comments: