Monday, September 8, 2014

Ant Preschool Theme

Before we began preschool this year I asked my son for ideas on which themes he would like to do.  I am trying to stick with that list for the most part.  One thing he wanted to talk about was ants.  I think because we talked about ants last year when talking about the letter A so today we talked about ants and a little about the letter A as well.
 A Teaching Mommy has an ant pack with some great printables included in it.
 Confessions of a Homeschooler has a Letter A/Ant pack that is also full of great printables.
 My son loves the song "The Ants Go Marching" as well as this cute video that has the song in it.

My son really doesn't like to color (I haven't figured out why), but I can usually get him to paint.  Today I gave him a plastic fork to dip in green paint to make grass.  Then he used his finger to make red ants.  He also made an ant hill.
You can check out my 2013 post about ants here.

No comments: