Thursday, March 6, 2014

Letter L/Lorax Preschool Theme

Today we talked about the letter L and "The Lorax" by Dr. Seuss!
We enjoyed reading the book and plan to watch The Lorax Movie this afternoon.
Here is a cute finger puppet.  There are several Lorax printables at this link.
 My son has had a lot of fun with this finger puppet.
This is a fun mustache that my son painted.
 I taped a straw to it after the paint dried and he has had fun pretending to be the Lorax with it.
2 Teaching Mommies has an entire Lorax Printable Pack that we used.
Since we were focusing on the letter L my son had fun practicing writing the letter L on our lined white board.
This is a real cute Lorax.  My son had a lot of fun painting him.
 Since we are focusing on the letter L with the Lorax I cut out an L and my son glued pom-poms onto the L to make them look like truffula trees and drew trunks on it.  Then we took the Lorax he had painted and glued together and glued it and the letter L onto some construction paper.
Here is a link to even more Lorax Crafts.
You can also check out what we did in 2012 here.
Also check out this site and this site for some Lorax games online.

2 comments:

Early Minds Home Childcare said...

I am desperately trying to find the link to the lorax printable you used from learncreatlove.com, as seen in your picture on the yellow and purple construction paper. Its URL is giving an error, if you have a copy of it is there anyway you could send it to me? Thanks so much

Heather J. said...

I would contact their site directly. It looks like it may no longer be on there site. sorry I'm not more help.