Friday, January 24, 2014

Letter R/Robot Preschool Theme

Today we talked about the letter R and robots!  Some themes we do really click for my son and he stays engaged for everything I have planned, but some days he doesn't and I have to find ways to pull him back in.  Thankfully, today's topic was a big hit!
We watched this Robot Counting video.  I wanted to read him a robot book, but I don't own any and didn't get to the library.  I think Boy+Bot looks really fun though.

Homeschool Creations has the cutest Robot Printable Pack which is where most of our activities came from today.  My son loved doing the rolling dice game and checking off which robot he had gotten.
Yesterday I found a large cardboard box and cut out a place for my son's head and arms to fit in.  Then today we worked on covering the box with aluminum foil.  Then my son had a great time decorating the box with shapes I had cut out and drawing on it with crayons.
When he had done all the decorating he wanted we put it on him and he became a human robot.  He thought it was great!   His older brothers had to try it out when they got home from school too.  
We also watched Wall-E to finish off the day.

Here are some links to some more robot ideas:

No comments: