Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Goodnight Moon Preschool Theme

Today our preschool theme was based around one of our favorite books, "Goodnight Moon" by Margaret Wise Brown.

I read the book to my son with his help.  He wanted to "read" the parts where you say goodnight to everything.  After we read the book we went through it again looking at the pictures.  I had him point out the mouse and the kittens and tell me what they were doing in the pictures they were in.

Our main source for activities to go along with this book come from Homeschool Creations.  I especially liked the rhyming word match because I really have not talked to my son about rhyming words before and this was a natural way to do so. You can also check out this blog post from a women who used these printables to do some fun looking activities.
This Goodnight Moon lapbook is real cute.  I didn't do a lap book, but I did print of some of the activities to use.


And if you get to tired, you can take a nap on the book...haha.

No comments: