Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Food Pyramid: Fruits and Vegetables

Gathering Time:
Point out the fruit and then the vegetables on the food pyramid
Focus Activities:
Make green smoothies with fruits and vegetables- I can not for the life of me get my 3 year old to even try fruits or vegetables, but he'll drink these.  Today we had spinach, strawberries, a banana, water, honey, and flaxseed oil in it.  I don't measure them generally and you can add other things in it. 

Taste test fruits and veggies


Memory Game –use plastic food to help remember

Other Possibilities:
Grocery Food Game- My motherin-law gave this to my boys.  Each container has the corresponding fruits or vegetables in them (made out of felt like the tomato on top)  Each label has the name and how many their are.  This would be easy to replicate using clip art if you didn't want or have time to make the felt food.  My boys have a lot of fun with it.


RESOURCES:

No comments: