Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Blog Identity Crisis

My blog is having an identity crisis or I am having an identity crisis with my blog. Maybe you've noticed with the changing of the looks.  I just can't decide what I want it to look like.  It's not just the outside appearance that I am struggling with though.  I started this blog long before I realized how many awesome mommy blogs there are out there. 

At first I thought I would just post products that I enjoyed and thought other mother's would like to know about.  For example, I spent a long time research a forward facing car seat (Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 Car Seat, Matrix) and a potty chair (Baby Bjorn Potty Chair)before I found ones that I decided to buy and I turned out loving my choice. 

Quickly though my blog turned into a record of what I was doing with my son, who was 2 when I started this blog.  Then as he got older my posts turned into a resource for me of the preschool activities that we were doing. 

I took a huge break from blogging on here when I had my third son and since I've been back most of my posts have been about our cooking adventures. 

I have lots of ideas going through my head for this fall.  I will have two preschool age children then and plan on doing preschool with them and I would like to post what we do on here for me and for anyone who might like to see.  I just haven't figured out in what kind of format I'm going to do that yet.  I think I need to really decide what my main goal for this blog is so that I can be true to it and maybe pick up some readers along the way. 

No comments: