Monday, March 30, 2009

Lacing Cards

These are the Easter lacing cards I made to do with my son. I am happy with how they turned out. If he likes them well enough then I will definitely be making more out of different shapes. I got the pattern for these shapes at Preschool Express.


To make these lacing cards I cut out the pattern with cardstock and patterened paper just to make them more fun. I laminted them, then punched holes around them and to make them more durable I put eyelets around each hole. Then I put tape around both ends of yarn to make it easier to lace. Real easy and fun. Lacing cards are great for helping with fine motor skills. You can make them as easy or as hard as you want depending on your child's needs.

2 comments:

Mabel said...

Those are very cute. my kids liked doing lacing cards when they were little.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

I made a Christmas version of these, and my daughter really enjoyed them. Now she's having fun with embroidery!