Monday, April 7, 2014

Letter K/Kites Preschool Theme

We talked about the letter K and kites today!  This is actually what we did for the letter k last time around, but I decided to do it again since it seems more like a Spring theme. Having said that I picked a day with next to no wind.  Oh well, we still had a good time.
 We did a couple of activities from 2 Teaching Mommies Kite printable pack (my ink cartidge was low when I printed these off, they are much cuter than shown in my picture)
 Here is a cute kite to color or in our case paint.
 Here is another coloring page.
I wanted to make a kite with my son, but I wanted to keep it basic using things we had around the house.  I found this idea to use a plastic grocery sack and string.  Like I mentioned earlier, it was not windy at all so we took turns running so we could make our own wind and lift our "kite" up.  My son thought it was a lot of fun so I consider it a success.

1 comment:

selinamoon5 said...

What a great blog! I'm a preschool teacher of young threes and I will definitely be using the kite activities for letter K next week! Thank you! May God bless you!!!!