Thursday, November 7, 2013

X/Xylophones and Y/Yarn Preschool Activities

Today we talked about the letter X and the letter Y.    We visited Starfall's website and did both letter's activities.
We did Confessions of a Homeschooler's X/Xylophone Printable Pack activities.  (I didn't take a picture)
Also to go along with xylophones I found this idea on making your own using wrenches and an empty egg carton.  Since my husband has plenty of tools I thought it was a great idea.  My son has had a lot of fun playing with it and it was super simple.


I thought these two ideas were fun to do with yarn.  The first is to take a Y and have your child wrap yarn around it I found this at Mrs. Karen's Preschool Ideas she also has a lot of other y activities in this post.

The other pictured below is painting with yarn.  I found a link that contains instructions.  She calls them worm paintings.  My son mostly wanted to make lines and that is perfectly fine too.
Only one more letter in the alphabet to go and we will be finished for a little while.  We might go through it again sometime this year.  We'll see.

No comments: