Thursday, November 21, 2013

Gratitude

 Today we talked a little about gratitude and how we can express our gratitude to others.  All month we have been doing Gratitude Leaves this year again.  I do this with all of my boys.  Each day they write down something they are grateful for.  I hope it is a good reminder of all the things they can and should be grateful for.  We leave the leaves up throughout the month of November, but I hope they remember it all year long.

I told my son many things I am grateful for and why.  I included how grateful I am for him and told him many reasons why I am grateful for him. I also told him that when we are grateful for things and people we should say thank you.  We read "Bear Says Thanks" by Karma Wilson.
I also told him that we can thank our Heavenly Father for all the things we have in our life we are grateful since they all come from him.  We sang several church songs to go along with this idea including "My Heavenly Father Loves Me", "Children All Over the World", and "I Thank Thee, Dear Father".

Then my son drew pictures of things he was grateful for from this printable book I found in this Gobble Learning Pack.
All in all it was a pretty low-key day, but I hope it is something that sticks with him just the same.

No comments: