Monday, September 30, 2013

Letter L/Ladybug Preschool Theme

Today we talked about the letter L and ladybugs.  Here is the link to the printable pack for this theme.  
We did letter L things on Starfall's site.  

There are some great songs, fingerplays, and books about ladybugs out there. I came across these cute stick puppets that have words to songs that I put together to do with my son since he has loved the other stick puppets we have made.
A couple of our favorite books about ladybugs are "Five Little Ladybugs" by Melanie Gerth and "The Grouchy Ladybug" by Eric Carle.

For a little craft I had my son paint a paper plate red and another one black.
When the paint dried he drew dots on it with a black marker and I cut it in half.  I think it'd also be cute to paint the top of their fingertip and have them dot the ladybug that way too.  Then I attached a brad to all three paper plates so it looked like a ladybug. I cut out a half circle for him to glue on top for the head and we added some pipe cleaner for the antennae.  I didn't have any black, but my son thought the orange was a good color to use instead.  I think it turned out pretty cute.
My son has also been enjoying Sesame Street letter activities so we found some letter L things on that website as well.

No comments: