Monday, September 16, 2013

Letter D/Dinosaur Preschool Theme

 Today we talked about the Letter D and dinosaurs!  Such a fun theme for my little boy and so many great ideas out there to pick from.
Visit Starfall to see their letter D activities

Here are a few activities from our Letter D as in dinosaur pack from Confessions of a Homeschooler.
There are lots of great dinosaur packs for preschool/kindergarten.  We also did some from Over the Big Moon.  Lots of great activities besides these as well.
3 Dinosaurs also has a lot of dinosaur printables.
We also did a dinosaur shape matching activity you can find here.
We did a fun flannel board story, "Dotty the Dinosaur".  It is a good story about colors.  My son helped me put the correct color of dinosaur up at the appropriate time. 
I made these dinosaurs with my Cricut Machine and we made them into stick puppets. My son loves doing this and making up his own stories and playing with them.  Great for the imagination!
We did this cute paper plate dinosaur.  My son loves to paint as always! There are templates for different dinosaurs on the link.
Here is a list of great dinosaur books.  I know my kids love the "How Do Dinosaur" books and also "Dinosaur Vs. the Potty".

1 comment:

Jolanthe Erb said...

And now I wish I had a Cricket machine... :) Great idea!