Saturday, September 22, 2012

Mo Willems Birthday Party

My son turned 5 last week and he wanted to have a Mo Willems birthday party.  He loves anything Mo Willems writes, but most especially the pigeon books and elephant and piggie series.
 Here is the pigeon cake I made.  I used a regular oreo and a mini oreo for the eye and banana runts for the beak.
 We also had some cupcakes with images of the pigeon, Gerald, and Piggie.
 My oldest two boys helped me with the decorations.  They love drawing pigeons and making up their own stories with those characters.  Check out Pigeon Presents for a lot of printables, online games, and more fun.  The little word bubble printable you can find here.
 I placed books around the place for some added fun too and made some pigeon stick puppets.
 We had hot dogs and macaroni and cheese.  Inspired by the Pigeon of course.  I cooked my hot dogs on low in the slow cooker for 4 hours.  They tasted good.
 My oldest wanted to have bananas so we did even though no one actually ate them.  Haha...
 I made pigeon hats for all the kids to wear instead of birthday hats.
 I am no artist, but I made this sign and placed it outside the front door.
 I saw these puppets and thought they were so cute so each of the kids made those.  Then my oldest two put on a puppet show for everybody.  It was cute.
 We gave the guests cookies on their way out. Boy, was that pigeon jealous.

No comments: