Thursday, July 19, 2012

Volcanoes in a Cup

The boys had a blast doing their own little volcanoes in a cup.  You can find this and more experiments with different mixtures here.
 We used small cups, white vinegar, baking soda, food coloring, and a tablespoon (any spoon will work), and a cookie sheet to keep the mess contained. All things that were hanging around the house already.
 I filled the cups about half way full of vinegar and then we added a little food coloring to make it more fun.  Then I let the boys take turns putting in some baking soda.  They had fun watching the "explosions".
 I had five cups that we had fun with.  Then we dumped them out and did it all over again because that wasn't enough fun.  In fact, my 2 year old cried when I told him we were done for the day.  Needless to say this activity was a success!

No comments: