Thursday, December 8, 2011

Bear Stays Up for Christmas

 Today we read "Bear Stays Up for Christmas" by Karma Wilson.  It is a really fun book.  We talked a little bit about how bears hibernate during the winter.  I found some cute visuals to use with the book at 1+1=1 that we used.
After we read the story I laid out all of the word cards and my son matched them to the correct picture.  He is just beginning to read however, he figured it out based on what things began with.  The tricky one was wren and so I told him to look for a word that ended with the right sound.

Then my son drew a picture of a bear.  It doesn't really show up in the picture though.  My son wants to do preschool everyday which is a lot of work for me, so doing little things like this keeps us both happy.

abc button

No comments: