Friday, April 1, 2011
So what can you use alphabet cards for? Here are just a few ideas.
1. Using their pointer finger, have your child trace around each letter
2. Using tracing paper and a writing utensil, have your child trace each letter
3. Using playdough, have your child make each letter to match each card
4. Use beans, cereal, candy or anything else you can think of and have your child write the letter with that object. You could even do beans for the letter "B". M&M's for the letter "M" and so forth.
5. Put a paper clip on each card, make a fishing pole with a magnet on the end and fish for letters. Once a letter is caught you could have them name the letter, what sound it makes, or something that starts with that letter.
6. Make words using the alphabet cards
7. Use them as a visual while singing the alphabet
8. Lay the cards scrambled on the floor, have your child put them in order (A,B,C...)
9. Put the cards in a box and mix them up. Have your child draw a card and name what it is.
10. For each card, have your child name all the things that they can think of that start with that letter.