Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Dr Seuss!

Yesterday we talked about the letter X and I forgot to blog about it.  I like to do something every year to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday since we love his books.  We've read several of his books and done some fun activities. 
Gathering Time:
Focus Activities:
Fish Sorting- using colored goldfish

Make tambourine turtle
Make “Cat in the Hat” Hat
Trace our feet
Other Possibilities:
Online games (this is a great site!)
 Watch Horton Hears a Who movie
Today I noticed a lot of great ideas that other bloggers are doing to celebrate Dr Seuss' birthday.  Here are a few links.
I can teach my Child!  has a fun shaving cream idea
The Activity Mom has rhyming cards
ABC and 123 has several links to fun activities
RESOURCES:

Here are the other Dr Seuss books we own.  It would be awesome to someday have them all!
Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are


The Butter Battle Book

Oh, The Places You'll Go!

The Cat In the Hat Comes Back

Green Eggs and Ham

Hop on Pop

Fox in Socks

Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?

Marvin K. Mooney Will You Please Go Now!

There's A Wocket in My Pocket!

Oh, The Thinks You Can Think!

I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!

Oh Say Can You Say?

abc button

No comments: