Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Kids in the Kitchen- Tuesday's Time for a snack

Today we made my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies! 

What you need:
5 eggs
4 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 c shortening
1 1/4 brown sugar
2 1/4 tsp. salt
2 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 stp. baking powder
6 c flour
2 1/4 c white sugar
12 oz pck. chocolate chips

Cream together vanilla, shortening, eggs, and sugars.  Sift together remaining ingrediants.  Add the floud mixture to the shortening mixture.  Stir in the chocolate chips.  Refrigerate for 1 hr.  Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.  *Note I usually half the recipe. 
ENJOY!
I like to freeze some of my cookie dough in balls so that it is available for another time.  I don't know about anyone else, but I sure don't need 4 dozens cookies hanging around my house!
For the record, my two year old did eat these.  :)

No comments: