- Read "The Gingerbread Baby" by Jan Brett
-use felt board visuals
-use recipe book (this is just a picture recipe book I made)
- After we read the book I will hide the felt board gingerbread baby and we'll go on a hunt to find him.
- We will make our own gingerbread cookies
- Make a gingerbread house -graham crackers, frosting, candy
- Frost and decorate cookies
- File Folder Matching game (My son decided he wanted a matching card game unstead of the file folder version)
My son has literally been asking to do gingerbread stuff since July so we're going to kick off December with that. We're going to divide these activities into two days.
- Make gingerbread baby ornaments
-1 ½ cups of cinnamon, 1 cup applesauce, 1/3 cup glue
- Make paper bag gingerbread house
Play with virtual gingerbread houses here and here.