Saturday, April 18, 2009

Earth and Arbor Day Activities

I planned to have all of next week ready to post, but I have caught my third cold in the past two months or so. Therefore, I haven't planned as much as I would have liked. I do have two days planned for next week. These are for Wednesday and Friday.

April 22- Earth Day


Language Arts Read "The Lorax" by Dr. Seuss
Math Make Dirt Cups and count how many worms we find
Science/Cooking Show pictures of the Earth and explain we live on Earth and we need to take good care it (explain ways to do this)
Music/Gross Motor Go for a walk and pick up trash we see and throw it away
Art/Fine MotorLitter Bugs
April 24- Arbor Day
Language Arts
Read "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein- I'm going to make felt pieces to go along.
Math Tree match up game
Science/Cooking Good things about trees
Music/Gross Motor Sing "Popcorn Popping"
Art/Fine MotorTree Collage

1 comment:

karen★ said...

I do at home pre-school for my 4 yr. old son and am so impressed with your schedule! Mind if I use a few ideas?