Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dramatic Play- Pizza

At our house we are doing a pizza theme all week so I put a pizza parlor in our living room. (I have a very understanding, supportive husband who works 50-60 hours a week so he doesn't mind.) I thought I would share what I did with you. I'm sure there are a lot of great ideas out there, but for this I mainly came up with on my own. Welcome to our Pizza Hut. I was going to use posterboard to make this sign, but realized at the last minute I didn't have any posterboard so I used butcher paper instead. I cut the Pizza Hut logo from an advertisement. I cut the letters out using my Cricut Machine (very handy tool by the way).
Here is our cash register and a pretend cell phone for calls. Also the specials are listed on my son's easel with a list of laying next to it.

I admit that I splurged on this and bought this pizza set from Toys R Us. Look how cute it is though. You can't really have a pizza parlor without pizza. The cupboard is an old one handed down from my in-laws. The big pizza box on top is one that we saved from Pizza Hut.
Here is the oven that my son helped me make. Really if I could go back I would do it completely different. I used an old computer box. There's lots of different variations you could do and I'm sure yours would be way cuter than mine. On top of the oven is an apron I sewed for my son from a pattern that was my mom's. I've seen people use dish towels to make aprons as well.
This is our dining area. I just used my son's little table and chairs (Lightening McQueen) and put a round table cloth over it. I use some of my son's plastic dishes. To do the menu I pulled up Pizza Hut's website http://www.pizzahut.com/ and just printed off a list from their menu. Since it is all for personal use I didn't think Pizza Hut would mind. :)
So that's it. We will be doing more pizza things all week so stay tuned in...

2 comments:

Holly said...

I think this looks so fun! I think Jillian wouldn't appreciate it but Sean might! HA!

mommymelb said...

This looks like a lot of fun Heather. My kids wish I could be this creative